The Life Practitioners Council (LPC), NAMLIA’s (now NAMLIFA) training and development arm, was formed in 1996 to provide quality and professional training courses in the areas of Life Insurance Specialisation (IS) and Financial Planning Specialisation (FPS) for the benefits of local insurance – based financial services professionals.
In line with the movement of the financial services industry towards financial planning, the Association has amended its constitution and changed its name to NAMLIFA, short for National Association of Malaysian Life Insurance and Family Takaful Advisors.
Accordingly, the LPC has redefined its roles and changed its name to Financial & Life Practitioners Council (FLPC). The FChFP programme has also been reconstructed to meet the heavy demand of the mercurial environment and new category of members.
- To enhance the technical and interpersonal skills, knowledge, general competency and performance of its members in the area of financial services.
- To set benchmark for ethics and professional responsibilities for its members;
- To develop in participants an understanding of the state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in all areas essential to providing quality financial services to clients;
- To provide a platform for continuing professional development of its members; and
- To source, develop and promote quality financial tools to enhance members’ performance;
- To prepare participants to assume multi-functional roles in a rapidly changing financial environment both locally and globally.